Saturday, September 27, 2003

"MY F^$#IN' BABY!!!!"



I went for a run with Tasha (my black lab mix) a few weeks back and was at the corner of "Emmanuel Cleaver II Boulevard" (I still think of it as 47th Street) and Oak, stopped. I was looking down or something when I heard the clunk of metal on metal. There was an old 244 Volvo sitting there, in the center lane, bearing into the right lane like the driver was about to turn right with a mid 70's GM 2 door in the right lane grazing it. A couple was in the OldsmoBuick with a baby in one of those carriers that you put them on the floor in, not the kind recommended for a car seat. At least that's the way it appeared to my childless eyes. The baby slid forward in between the bucket seats.



The woman on the passenger side just screamed, "My Baby!!!".



"MY FUCKIN' BABY!!!!"



She got out of the car.



"MY FUCKIN' BABY!!!!"



She stomped toward the other car.



"MY FUCKIN' BABY!!!!"



I went behind both cars with Tasha and got the hell out of there.



It seems to me it you care about "MY FUCKIN' BABY!!!!" then you spend the money on a proper car seat and have "MY FUCKIN' BABY!!!!" properly fastened in place. And if you're angry at anyone about "MY FUCKIN' BABY!!!!", it should be the guy driving the car who didn't notice the car stopped. Just my 2 cents and maybe I'm overvaluing it.





email me



No comments: