Friday, October 03, 2003

Schadenfreude



Rush Limbaugh may not be obese but he is still a Big Fat Idiot. And when I read about Bill O'Reilly denouncing those who called for Rush's resignation as "smear merchants", I had to laugh. Haven't we had at least 30 odd years of that from Rush and his compadres? At least since 1987 when the networks no longer had to operate under "Equal Time" or the fairness doctrine.



To me, Barbara Bush resembles a pitbull (even as a young woman, she was, to put it diplomatically, plain) but I never heard a liberal commentator mention that. But Rush held up a picture of Chelsea Clinton on his television show, calling her the "White House dog".



Anyway, I doubt this will begin a paradigm shift. The Right is far too well funded for them to enter the dustbin of history.



Ah well. Life goes on.



email me

No comments: