Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Where we stand at the end of the Oughts

Or rather, where I stand. I went in to get my blood pressure checked this morning for my application to an immersion program for the Health Eating Initiative.110/54. My blood was drawn for my cholesterol, which was at 163 when I had it checked in May. According to the information I've read, 150 or below is best to avoid cardiac events. In the past, I've had it as low as 112. Anyway, I've read The China Study , Eat to Live and The Engine 2 Diet and we're on board.

So, I'd like to be one of the 300 team members selected. I'd like to be the ambassador for that lifestyle change. I'm not certain about giving up the occasional hamburger (once a month) but maybe I'll more often exchange the weekly fries for a green salad.

I also want to learn to sew with a sewing machine so that I can make some bike bags.

I need a goal for 2010. With no stated goal, I can't accomplish things. So, I'm aiming for 1000 running miles.
2000 cycling miles.

That's it.

No comments: