Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Things I don't get. Part 1



Brand loyalty - I get buying the same thing all the time because you like it or it meets your needs. I mean, years ago, a friend told me about Scott tissue in the bathroom because it lasts a long time before you have to change the roll.

And I've converted Laurie to it. Fortunately, Costco sells it in like, 30 roll packages, so I can buy about 3 times a year.



I don't understand trumpeting the brand by purchasing and wearing the clothing with the brand logo on it or adding additional logos to your car or something. Like the pissing Calvin on the blue oval for Ford. I drive a 1995 Ford Ranger. It's been reliable; it meets my needs but I haven't made a pledge to Ford Motor Company. In fact, our next vehicle based on an assessment of our needs and the products available was a 2003 Toyota Matrix and I haven't added an additional Toyota logo to the window. They get enough advertising with their name on the damned thing.



I may drive a Chevrolet some day but I don't earn my living from them so I probably won't wear the Chevy bowtie on my person and I can't comprehend doing so. That's just me.



No comments: